For more information please click here.
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed serious inequities in Latin America and the Caribbean. It has also further impacted the vulnerability and precariousness of settlements and housing in the communities. The IV Latin American and the Caribbean Housing Forum seeks to share, collectively reimagine, and build the new reality of housing and cities in face of the COVID-19 crisis.
The Forum will generate ideas to overcome the crisis in social housing and vulnerable settlements, both during and after the pandemic, and that contribute to economic reactivation and social equity.
This year, the Cities Alliance will host four sessions stemming from the lessons learnt from the Housing Laboratories (LAVs) organised since the beginning of the pandemic. These events aim to gather the knowledge reaped from past discussions in order to promote new pathways towards the future. Additionally, the Cities Alliance is co-organising a networking session to foster new networks in promoting the Right to the City.
- National and local frameworks for the planning and management of settlements. 15:45 – 16:30 Costa Rica (UTC -6)
- Metropolitan governance policies. 15:45 – 16:30 Costa Rica (UTC -6)
- 5 years after the New Urban Agenda: What challenges and opportunities exist for the right to the city in Latin America and the Caribbean? 10:00 – 10:50 Costa Rica (UTC -6) Networking Session
- Global session on Comprehensive Slum Upgrading. 15:55 – 16:40 Costa Rica (UTC -6).
- Migration, housing, and cities. 15:55 – 16:40 Costa Rica (UTC -6).