- Who We Are
- How We Work
- Our Programmes
- Our Themes
- Country Programmes
- Global Programmes
- Innovation Programme
- Portfolio & Results
Innovation for Inclusive, Resilient and Climate-Neutral Cities
Join Cities Alliance, UKRI and CLGF in this virtual event on the nexus between climate change, informality and urban poverty that will take place during the Innovate4Cities conference.
The Innovate4Cities Conference is a five-day virtual event focusing on the nexus between science, practice and innovation vital to shaping inclusive, resilient, and climate-neutral cities. The conference is co-hosted by UN-Habitat and the Global Covenant of Mayors.
Cities Alliance, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF) are co-organizing this session, with two main objectives:
- Strengthening the narrative on the relevance of addressing urban informality and inequality in tackling climate change challenges;
- Identifying priorities for action and collaborations among practitioners and researchers at the local level.
The agenda will include a panel discussion with sector experts, academic institutions, government and local organizations representatives to highlight the realities of informality and inequality in cities and the opportunities of working with marginalised communities vulnerable to climate change to achieve climate justice.
It will engage a multiplicity of members and partners focusing on developing countries and target a global audience. The considerations initiated during this event will culminate in a high-level debate during COP26 in Glasgow.
- Anacláudia Rossbach, Regional Manager LAC, Cities Alliance
- Arne Janssen, Urban Environment Specialist, Cities Alliance
- Lucy Slack, acting Secretary-General, Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF)
- Maurice Makoloo, Senior Director – Africa Hub, Habitat for Humanity International
- Sonia Dias, Resident Waste Specialist, Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO)
- Vanesa Castan Broto, Professor of Climate Urbanism, Urban Institute in the University of Sheffield (UK)
- Zoleka Sokopo, Chief Director at National Department of Human Settlements, National Government of South Africa
Q&A and open discussion
- Greg Munro, Director of Cities Alliance