- Who We Are
- How We Work
- Our Programmes
- Our Themes
- Country Programmes
- Global Programmes
- Innovation Programme
- Portfolio & Results
Housing and Urban Renewal in the Africa-EU Partnership
A policy dialogue, organized by Habitat for Humanity.
Webinar on 4 March, 12:30 - 14:00 CET
Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is organizing a webinar series entitled ‘Building Solid Ground for the EU-Africa Partnership’. This will include 3 sessions, namely:
- Webinar 1: Best practices of housing and urban renewal in Africa: A practical dialogue about how to unlock sustainable growth, jobs and innovation.
- Webinar 2: Relevance of the housing and urban renewal sector in the EU-Africa Partnership - A policy discussion.
- Webinar 3: SDG implementation in Africa - the case for investment in housing and urban renewal.
The second webinar, on 4 March, will focus on the state of the Africa-Europe relationship, with its challenges and opportunities for the housing and urban renewal sector.
In this session, Cities Alliance will be represented by Giulia Maci, head of the Cities for Women programme.
- Issaka Garba Abdou, Senior Political Officer and Coordinator of the Secretariat of the African Union Specialized Technical Committee on Public Service, Local Governance, Urban Development and Decentralization
- Bernardo Ivo Cruz, Councilor for the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Giulia Maci, Urban specialist, Gender focal point, Cities Alliance
- Ishaku Maitumbi, UN Habitat
- MEP Maria Soraya Rodríguez Ramos, Chair of the EP Delegation for Relations with the Pan-African Parliament (TBC)
The session will also launch HFH's policy brief Building Solid Ground for a new Africa-EU Partnership.