- Our Programmes
- Innovation Programme
- Country Programmes
- Our Themes
- Global Programmes
Integration to the City: Strategies to Face Vulnerabilities in the Territory. One year after the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Webinar on 18 March 2021 at 11 pm CET ( in Spanish only)
The Secretariat of Agrarian, Land and Urban Development of Mexico (SEDATU), Cities Alliance, UN-Habitat Mexico, GIZ Mexico and the Researchers Network for Housing and Habitat in the Americas (RIVHA), will discuss and analyze the existing challenges for the integration of human settlements in the city.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigation measures in Mexico, the establishment of principles for the Comprehensive Improvement of Neighborhoods is discussed. Concrete next steps will be outlined how to connect an effective integration with a green recovery approach.
The dialogue will be carried out in three components:
- A discussion on Urban Integration, with the support of case studies from Mexico and Brazil
- The consideration of the Green Recovery approach, with the recollection of experiences from Mexico
- A horizontal exchange informed by the Decalogue for Participatory Slum Upgrading: a Roadmap for Latin America and the Caribbean, followed by a dialogue
1. How does the decalogue underpin and reinforce themes or elements of the experiences in urban integration and green recovery?
2. How can Mexico advance the principles contained in the Decalogue for the Comprehensive Improvement of Neighbourhoods in a very concrete way and leveraging the advances of the last year?