- Our Programmes
- Our Themes
- Country Activities
- Global Programmes
- Innovation Programme
Infopoint Lunchtime Conference
During her introductory speech, the Commissioner Jutta Urpilainen said that equality should be a top priority for the EU’s external relations and a key driver for achieving sustainable development. This willingnesss to give to gender a more prominent role in European development policy is already reflected into the EU Gender Action Plan II. The question is no longer the ‘why’ but ‘how’ the EU mainstream gender in its external action. And cities are often the ones who ensure that the gender strategies in EU project documents are, in fact, translated into concrete actions. The session will look at how the EU is integrating gender issues into its political agenda and what is the role of cities in mainstreaming gender on the ground.
Frederique Hanotier, Policy Officer Unit C5 - Cities, Local Authorities, Digitalisation, Infrastructures Cities, European Commission DG DEVCO.
- Charlotte Isaksson, Gender and Security expert at EEAS (European External Action Services)
- Maria Isabelle Wieser, Directrice romande, Foraus Think Tank
- Dr. Angelika Poth-Mögele, Executive Director European Affairs, Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR)
- Madame Houria Ouberri, City Councillor for Women Rights at City of Molenbeek
- Giulia Maci, Cities Alliance, Cities for Women Programme
Join us on Friday! RSVP here: https://bit.ly/38bBz9N