- Our Programmes
- Global Programmes
- Country Programmes
- Our Themes
- Innovation Programme
Cities Alliance is hosting its General Assembly and Management Board meeting in Tunis, from 24 to 26 October 2022.
The General Assembly is the sovereign body of the Cities Alliance. It comprises all 23 members. It provides leadership and overall direction for the Cities Alliance and deliberates on sustainable urban development and related issues.
The General Assembly serves as a platform to explore how the Cities Alliance can leverage the collective expertise of its members and partners to catalyze new urban thinking and solutions, implemented through effective partnerships. The Assembly meeting plays a key role in developing Cities Alliance's agenda and connecting with stakeholders at local, national and international levels.
The key objectives of the Assembly are:
- To fulfil its roles and responsibilities as defined by the Charter;
- To deliver a substantive programme addressing key urban development issues; and
- To create an environment which allows the diverse membership of the Cities Alliance to network, and seek synergies and new partnerships.
This year the members of the Cities Alliance will gather in Tunisia, for a three-day event. It will include a session of the Management Board Meeting, introductions into our projects, and a day of round table discussions involving members, Tunisian stakeholders, and international partners.
The round table discussions will take a deep dive into some of the key topics Cities Alliance has been working on in Tunisia:
- Women Resisting (in) the City: Struggles, gender and urban planning in the Global South. This session will explore how gender-responsive city planning can ensure that the voices, experiences, and needs, of women and girls, are considered and reflected in changes in the built environment.
- Enabling cities to be drivers of job creation and economic development. The discussion will focus on how cities' capacity can be improved and strengthened to leverage financial investments. These investments are crucial both for job creation and infrastructure development.
- Urban informality and sustainable development: integrated approaches to support inclusive growth. This session will discuss the intertwining nature of sustainable development, climate resilience, and urban informality. It will seek to highlight the need for integrated approaches to drive inclusive and effective city development.