- Our Programmes
- Innovation Programme
- Country Programmes
- Our Themes
- Global Programmes
Cities Alliance will participate to the session 'Joining efforts and cooperating around Innovative and Sustainable Cities' as part of the 14th edition of the European Development Days on The Green Deal for a Sustainable Future.
Organised by the European Commission, the European Development Days (EDD) bring the development community together each year to share ideas and experiences in ways that inspire new partnerships and innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. EDD 2021's title is "The Green Deal for a Sustainable Future”.
Cities Alliance's Director Greg Munro will participate in the thematic session 'Joining efforts and cooperating around Innovative and Sustainable Cities' on June 15 from 12:00 to 12:45 (CET).
The session will focus on the double role of cities as both the cause and solution of multiple sustainable development issues such as poverty, informality, green-house gas emissions, environmental degradation as well as land availability, conflicts, and migration.
During the event, local government officials, urban development experts, and international institutions representatives will explore cooperation and exchange opportunities for future sustainable urbanization dynamics.
- Jean Pierre Elong Mbassi, Secretary-General of UCLG-Africa.
- Carla Montesi, Director for Green Deal and Digital Agenda, Directorate-General for International Partnerships (INTPA), European Commission
- Mohamed Sefiani, Mayor of Chefchaouen, Morocco
- Emil Boc, Mayor of Cluj-Napoca, Roumanie.
- Ishaku Maitumbi, Senior Advisor in the Regional Office for Africa, UN-Habitat
- Greg Munro, Director of CitiesAlliance
- Andries Gryffroy, Member of the Flemish Parliament, Belgium
- Sherine Omondi, Jeune Leader, Kenya.