Cities Alliance Issues Call for Proposals for the Catalytic Fund
[27 January 2011] -- The Cities Alliance Secretariat is issuing a Call for Proposals for funding under its Catalytic Fund.
The Catalytic Fund is a funding instrument which provides grant support for projects that strengthen and promote the role of cities in poverty reduction and in sustainable urban development.
For more information about the Catalytic Fund, how it works, the selection process and some of the selection criteria, please see the Catalytic Fund FAQs.
Requirements and Guidelines
Please note the following eligibility requirements:
- The proposed project must meet the objectives of the Catalytic Fund and fall within the scope of the Cities Alliance Charter.
- The proposed project must be implemented in countries that are on the OECD DAC List of Aid Recipients.
- Grant size requests must be limited to between US $50,000 – US $250,000.
- At least one Cities Alliance member must sponsor the application.
- The national government must have no objection to the proposed project.
All applications must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Deadline. The deadline for submission is 31 March 2011 at midnight (Washington DC time).
- Format. All submissions must use the Cities Alliance Concept Note template.
- Language. Concept Notes can be in Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish.
- Submission via e-mail. Concept Notes should be submitted via e-mail only to the Cities Alliance Secretariat at CATF@citiesalliance.org by the 31 March deadline.
The next Call for Proposals will be issued later in 2011. For additional information please contact CATF@citiesalliance.org