The Orange Knowledge Scholarship (OKP) is a full scholarship opportunity to study at the Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) for professionals from 38 countries working in any of the following areas:
- Climate change & resilience
- Disaster risk reduction
- Sustainable infrastructure: mobility & transport (incl. logistics)
- Water management (incl. wastewater treatment and flood prevention)
- Sustainable development
- Urban (City) planning
- Public administration
- (Good) governance
- Economic development & entrepreneurship
- Human & gender rights
Financed by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, this programme aims to contribute to the society’s sustainable and inclusive development by offering access to education and training to professionals and organisations.
Several courses qualify for this final funding round including six master tracks of the IHS' MSc in Urban Management and Development
- Strategic Urban Planning & Policies
- Urban Housing, Equity & Social Justice
- Land Management: Law, Finance, Real Estate & Natural Resources
- Urban Economic Development: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Urban Environment, Sustainability & Climate Change
And two shorter professional development courses
All candidates interested in the short professional development courses and the Master tracks need to submit their applications by 28 February. Admitted candidates, will be invited to apply for the OKP Scholarship.
When preparing your OKP application, if invited to do so, it's important to keep in mind that your professional background should match your country's focus. However there are several other factors that determine the outcome of the scholarship, some of which may be specific to the Embassy assessing your application.
Countries that are qualified for the scholarship
▪ Afghanistan ▪ Bangladesh ▪ Benin ▪ Burkina Faso ▪ Burundi ▪ Colombia ▪ Congo (DRC) ▪ Egypt ▪ Ethiopia ▪ Ghana ▪ Guatemala ▪ Guinea ▪ Iraq (new) ▪ Jordan ▪ Kenya ▪ Lebanon ▪ Liberia ▪ Mali ▪ Mozambique ▪ Myanmar ▪ Niger ▪ Nigeria ▪ Palestinian Territories ▪ Rwanda ▪ Senegal ▪ Sierra Leone ▪ Somalia ▪ South Africa ▪ South Sudan ▪ Sudan ▪ Suriname ▪ Tanzania ▪ Tunisia ▪ Uganda ▪ Vietnam ▪ Yemen ▪ Zambia
The Institute for Housing and Urban Development Studies (IHS) is an award-winning (UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour) specialist institute delivering education, research, and advisory services in urban development based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands (or Holland). Part of the highly ranked Erasmus University Rotterdam (#72 globally: Times Higher Education) IHS works to improve urban spaces around the world. Here at IHS we are always looking for talented and driven individuals who wish to enhance their expertise in urban management, governance and development.
IHS is a member of Cities Alliance.