New joint work programme aims to help cities respond to climate change
The Cities Alliance has approved a proposal to establish a joint work programme to help cities address challenges related to climate change.
- An online catalogue to facilitate access to knowledge on cities and climate change;
- Tools for incorporating climate change into city development strategies (CDS);
- A city greenhouse gas inventory and vulnerability assessment to be applied in cities with populations of one million and above;
- A handbook for mayors on climate change adaptation and mitigation in cities; and
- A replication and scaling-up strategy for Phase Two of the work programme.